Water Heater Installation and Repair in Philadelphia
Installation and Repair
Looking for water heater installation and repair? Active Plumbing and Drain Cleaning offers same day service, seven days a week. If your water heater is leaking or isn’t heating your water well enough, call today.
Hot Water Heater Services
Our certified technicians are experts in water heater installation and repair services and will help you choose the best option for your home, family or business. We offer repair or replacement services for all types of water heating solutions:
- Gas hot water heaters
- Electric hot water heaters
- Tankless water heaters
- Residential water heater service
Types of Water Heaters
If a replacement water heater becomes necessary, a Active Plumbing and Drain Cleaning water heater specialist will help determine the best one for your home and budget. We also take into consideration the water heating requirements of your family and energy usage expectations, and a variety of types, such as:
- Conventional. Gas or electric energy keeps water at a set temperature and come in a variety of gallon capacities. Larger tanks are used in homes with a hot tub or with serious water demands. High-efficiency models can decrease water heating bills by about seven percent.
- Tankless. This energy-efficient design only heats water when it is used. It needs less space but may require special venting, larger gas lines, or additional electric circuits that increase upfront costs. However, it may reduce water heating bills by as much as 30 percent.
- Hybrid heat pump. A composite water heater obtains energy from the air and uses it to heat water. By using existing electrical and water connections, it can reduce water heating costs by nearly 60 percent.
- Solar. These systems utilize energy from the sun to produce hot water for your home. By using controls and pumps to circulate water into your home, an insulated storage tank, and a backup system is essential for cloudy days and high water demand.
Our professional and friendly staff is standing by and ready to help.
Why Would I Need Water Heater Repair?
The most common thing that affects water heaters is sediment buildup, especially as the water heaters get older. When water is heated, limescale and any other minerals, particularly calcium and magnesium, for along the sides of the tank and the burner. If these minerals are not filtered out of the water heater, they form a sediment barrier that will settle on the burner and seriously affect your water heater’s performance. The best way to keep your water heater safe? Call Active Plumbing and Drain Cleaning for water heater inspection or water filtration!
In addition to inspecting for sediment buildup, you should check your water heater’s burner every now and then. The flame should be blue with yellow tips. If it appears more yellow-orange, this is a sign of incomplete burning which could lead to not only poor water heater performance, but also the production of deadly carbon monoxide! Don’t put your family at risk – if your water heater isn’t burning properly, call Active Plumbing and Drain Cleaning for water heater repair right away!
When Should I Replace My Water Heater?
Most hot water heaters will last around eight to 12 years. Once they’ve been around for this long, they start to lose their efficiency and become more prone to failure. And while most people wait until their water heater has catastrophically failed before shopping around for a replacement water heater, there are benefits to upgrading your unit before it dies!
Water heaters are among the top energy users in your home, in many cases accounting for as much as 25 percent of your home’s energy use. As they get older and less efficient, this number climbs even higher, and the units get more and more expensive to operate.
Don’t wait until your hot water heater fails or becomes inefficient before you consider a replacement. Many options exist today that will not only keep your home running comfortably but also save you money.